Monday, September 17, 2007

Relax, Refresh, Renew

I think most of my audience (which is probably only about 6 based on the comments) knows that I'm part of a church group through Journey of Faith called The Outlet which I've been a part of for over 4 years and played an integral role in my becoming a Christian and my walk with God. For the past year and a half, I have been a co-lead for the Outlet Social Events with my friend, Jen Pawlak. Here's a link to The Outlet and JOF http://journeyoffaith.com/weekends/outlet/

This past weekend the Outlet Leadership Team headed to Palm Desert for a retreat to relax, refresh and renew. Thanks to Tim for organizing a weekend for us to spend personal time with God, hang with each other and discuss the Outlet Ministry and our roles within the Outlet. It was an amazing time with God as we felt his presence throughout the weekend. I have truly enjoyed serving with all of the past and present team!!!




Jen kicks off Friday evening with a little nap.



It was over 100 degrees in the desert so Jen, Becky and I
caught up on some reading in the pool.

In case you're interested in the books,
here's what we were reading (me - The Undomestic Goddess; Jen - Water
for Elephants; Becky - Snow Flower and the Secret Fan)



Here is Diane teaching us how to play a relatively violent card
game called Egyptian Rat Screw (kind of like Speed
but involves slapping - not each other, the cards). Diane won
both rounds that we played. Unfortunately no shots of her bionic arm
that consistently flew under ours and captured the cards every time.

Here's Diane at dinner showing us her imitation of an elephant.



Jen sleeping again.


Tim and Rich battling the blaze. Not sure why there was so
much smoke because the ribs were amazing.

Here's a shot of the Outlet Leadership Team.



And of course here's the "we have to do a funny one" pic.



Here's a self shot of the car ride home.

Don't we look relaxed, refreshed and renewed.

4 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

yes, you do!!! nice to get a weekend of rest and the desert is perfect for it

Anonymous said...

the photos help to keep the relaxed feeling alive when I feel not so "fresh and renewed" in my busy work week!

Becky said...

I believe the card game is called Egyptian Rat Screw- but close enough with whatever you called it:)

boo and stacy said...

ahhhhh what fun! nothing beat a pool and a good book:)