Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Trip To Oregon

Just got back from a long weekend in Keizer, Oregon (near Salem) visiting my best friend, Gail, and her family. Although I talk to her every day, it's been over a year since I've seen them (they came down to CA last year in July). Gail and I met sophomore summer of high school when we both worked at Subway, bonded over liking the same boy and Days of Our Lives and have been friends ever since despite not going to the same high school, college or living in the same town since we were 18.

Here's some pics of my trip.




Collin (9) modeling the new sweatshirt I got him.

Courtney (13) and Camie (4)

One of the things I love to do when I'm up there is take the kids to school. Gail is the room mom for Collin's 4th grade class so this year I got to put together the Scholastic Book Sheets (remember those...), sort Jump Rope Club sign up forms and celebrate September birthdays during lunch.


Keizer is a mixture of rural and urban but mostly rural. There are alot of blueberry farms, blackberries growing on the sides of roads, flower gardens and farmhouses like this one that I got a shot of.



We stopped in at the Williamette Valley Winery to sample a few of their wines. Gail has been buying me their Riesling for the past couple of years. It's still my favorite wine there.



All of the kids love were hams so they were very willing to pose for me. Isn't Camie adorable?

Collin and I spent alot of time playing Guitar Hero - Rock of the 80's. I can do some of the songs on medium now (for those of you who play). We're doing Cooperative here which is why I have the controller instead of the guitar. I think Collin and I are ready to go on tour with our band.


So Los Angeles is in the mid 70's still. Thursday was gorgeous when I got there, but I wasn't at all prepared for the 50's or all the rain that ensued for the remainder of the weekend. Good thing I bought this cute beanie when I first got up there (just because I thought it was cute, not because I actually thought I was going to wear it). On Saturday, we bundled up (I have 4 layers on) and went out to watch Collin's football game.

So if you read my blog, you obviously know that I love the Colts and Peyton Manning, but I think after this weekend, Collin might be my favorite football player. His team is the Titans, and he plays fullback on the offense and linebacker on the defense. Yep, he's that good that they have him playing both ways.


Since it rained all weekend and Rainbow flip flops weren't going to work, I got some super cute navy rain boots (Costco $18, I got mine in OR but just saw them in CA too) to protect my feet. I'm ready for the rain in SoCal. They're really navy but the flash makes them look "Colts blue". I was really excited to wear them for Courtney's softball game, but it was rained out.

Here's a shot of the whole family.

4 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

how fun1 What a great friend you are and I bet Gail's kids just LOVE you:)

fijiangirl said...

Great pics! I am jealous... when are you going to be in my neck of the woods next?

Shelly said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love your new rain boots. I'm going to go to our Costco and see if I can get myself some :-)

boo and stacy said...

ohh thats so fun!! see you totally have things to 'blog about'!! wow those kids are GROWING!!! so precious about the footballer! glad you had so much fun!!!! :)) stace