Monday, January 7, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane, Don't Know When I'll Be Back Again...

Headed to Chicago for my annual 3 day work meeting where I wake up at a specified time, get dressed in work clothes and go into an IBM office with other co-workers. Before I got to Chicago though, my flight was delayed by 2.5 hours. What does one do with 3.5 hours at LAX and then a 3 hour flight (yeah there was a good tailwind or the pilot was speeding)?

Here's what I did:
  1. Lies Women Believe Bible Study - week 1 day 4

  2. finished thank you notes for Christmas gifts

  3. read Lucky and Real Simple December issues (left at gate 47A for others to enjoy)

  4. watched a bit of the AFC Wildcard Playoff Game - Go Chargers!!!

  5. started a new book - Women of the Silk by Gail Tsukiyama

  6. watched End of the Spear on dvd (since for some reason American didn't show a movie)
I'll be back on Wednesday. I wonder if my travel day on Wednesday will be as productive.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I went and saw End of the Spear in the theater- so moving, and heartbreaking. ENjoy your trip :)

P.S.So nice of you to leave magazines, so 'Random Act of Kindness' like :)

Erik said...

Let me know how you like the book. I am in the middle of "Pillars of the Earth."

Unknown said...

Good thing you brought so much to do! Hurry home. :)

Nicole Svendsen said...

"erik" is really Nicole--I dont know why it said erik!