Friday, January 18, 2008

Last Time I Saw A Line Like That...

I was waiting in line to buy New Kids on the Block tickets.

Months ago I promised Sarah and Sam that when Chipotle opened in the Gundo, I would bring them lunch at school. That Coming Soon sign was up for a long time... So the day has finally come, and it just so happened that it was on Sarah's 14th birthday. So I headed over to Chipotle with 20 minutes to spare before Sarah's lunch period. I was met with everyone from America's Most Business Friendly city waiting in line. The line wrapped around the restaurant, outside the restaurant and around the corner. 20 minutes got me about 10 feet, caught sight of some Reddoor employees, thought about trying to cut in line, but they were only at the front door (another 20 minutes to the front and 20 minutes late for lunch period) so I left. No birthday lunch for Sarah.

How do you avoid the lines at the Gundo's hottest spot, go at 3:40 p.m. for an afternoon snack. So Sarah got a very late lunch and some Chipotle birthday balloons.

H A P P Y 1 4 T H B I R T H D A Y, S A R A H - F L Y N N ! ! !

1 comment:

Nicole Svendsen said...

erik went opening day too! he loves Chipotle. They waited 30 minutes in line:)