Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What's Your Love Language?

If you've never read The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, you've definitely gotta check it out. Its such a great book to give you insight into you, your significant other, friends and kids and a key to relationships and friendships.

Anyways my giving (because sometimes its different than your receiving) love language is Gifts. I love giving gifts - sometimes its special things that I buy or make or a creative idea, sometimes little and other times elaborate or maybe just something I do for someone else that meets a need.

Anyways I found this sign like 10 months ago, and I've been waiting for my friend, who LOVES Bunco (can you guess who - since she was faster at posting it on her blog, you might already know) to have her turn at hosting so I could put the sign up before she got home and be happy and surprised (best part for me of giving gifts).


In case you care, my receiving love language is also Gifts, but it holds to the same criteria as the giving. Kind of confusing - but I really don't enjoy the gift side of Christmas or my birthday cuz its really not the stuff that fill me. To get complicated, its the time or thought that the person puts in to personalize a gift (which isn't always a product) that I really appreciate. There is a little sub-section under Gifts called the Gift of Self and that probably best explains it.
I'm feeling a bit like this post was a bit too revealing of me.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Should I send her my dice hat?

Nicole Svendsen said...

i don't know if it was too revealing but def. confusing...maybe I need to go and read the sub-section of gifts!!!!

boo and stacy said...

I'm gifts too@