Wednesday, September 3, 2008

if only I could put music on my blog

I would have the Beverly Hills 90210 theme (the one from the 90's) playing in the background as you read this post. Oh well...

Anyways I still love movies and tv shows about high school so I couldn't pass up the chance to have a 90210 get together this week with them re-vamping one of my favorites that I grew up with.

We kicked off the evening with an episode of the original Beverly Hills 90210 (the new show decided to drop the Beverly Hills in the title even though its still in Beverly Hills). Its actually the one where Brenda sleeps with Dylan at the school dance. Of course its the 90's and they don't show anything. We laughed throughout the show because it was a bit slow and some of their lines were cheesy. The clothing and hair were classic!!! I noticed that bangs were in then although they were a bit more poofy.

Following the wholesome (yeah I know when I watched it when I was a teen, it didn't seem like that but relative to the new show and other shows that are on, it was pretty apparent that it was bubblegummy) original, we ventured into two hours of the new 90210.


So what's my take on the new show? Undecided I've realized that the original is now pretty slow and sappy relative to what I'm used to watching. I'd still watch a re-run on soap.net though. Don't love the new characters yet. Probably wouldn't be too keen on having my teenager watch it (I did miss Sarah a ton while I was watching it though cuz it would have been something we probably would have watched together - I know sorry for the "sad" bit - gotten some feedback that I've had some sad posts that have made others sad).

I can proudly say that Allison, Taylor, Jen and I were part of the 4.9 million viewers (biggest show viewing on the CW) that tuned in AND luckily we were part of the age range that it was targeted for 18-40. US Magazine is my source for these wonderful stats.

4 comments:

Susie said...

I LOVED the original 90210 and haven't been won over yet by it's successor. I'll hold on for a few weeks, but it sure was cool to seee Kelly there, wasn't it?

Phil and Dana said...

I so would have been in for this! The theme song was playing in my head while I was reading the post....don't worry. I miss you girls!
Like Susie, I don't think I'm in danger of getting hooked on the new version. Just not the same.

Nicole Svendsen said...

what date is the NKOTB concert again?

fijiangirl said...

I knew you would post something about this. I actually watched the new one as well and the whole time I was watching I was thinking back to the high school days watching the original at your house. It seemed for a while we always ended up at your place to watch 90210!