Saturday, September 6, 2008

Saturday Night at the Drive-In

Lauren Rogers discovered this cool drive-in which a bit different than your typical drive-in that I was used to growing up. The drive-in in Stockton was off highway 99 in a dirt field - pretty typical.
Angel City Drive-In only plays old movies and this past Saturday they were showing Say Anything - such an 80's classic.
Angel's City Drive-in was in downtown LA on the second floor of a two story parking structure (actually a few blocks from my old office). They use a 24 foot air screen and you have the option to either sit in your car or there is astroturf at the front where you can use chairs or blankets and sit outside.




It ended up being a great night to sit outside.


a pic of all the snacks - raided the Rite-Aid and stopped at CPK on the way there, there was a concession table too (they had nachos - yep the ones with the nasty cheese - my fav)


Had to get a shot of the famous scene.

3 comments:

Susie said...

I *heart* John Cusack!
Looks like a fun night- I haven't gone to the drive-in since I was a little girl, I think.

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun!! you didn't really watch the movie huh?

Nicole Svendsen said...

that is a great movie!!!!