Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Weekend Celebrations

Sorry I haven't blogged for a while. Here's a downpour (can you believe all the rain in Socal???) to make up for it...

So this past weekend was filled with celebrations.

Started Saturday morning with a surprise birthday waffle party for Shelly Zitzslberger (she used to be part of the Outlet before her and her husband, Matt, left sunny CA for cold MN. Anyways she and a few other Outlet alumni were in town for the weekend. I don't have the pics yet but will post a few later.

That evening was the 5th annual Outlet Christmas Party at Adam & Angela Blankenship's house. It was bittersweet for me as this was the last Outlet event that I would be planning with Jen and Diane as one of the "social coordinators". It was well attended and super fun. We rallied (well I forcefully encouraged) for fancy so there were quite a few who Check out the pics.

Here are Jen and I with Adam and Angela. We joked that we looked like we were dressed for a funeral. Good thing Angela was festive with her Santa hat.

Chocolate Fountain Station

The spread of food - Angela and Adam have a gift for hosting and presentation.
This year we had an ornament exchange. Here's Jen getting ready for the fun.

Everyone brought an ornament and hung it on the two trees and were given a number. Halfway through the evening, Jen drew numbers, and they got to go and pick an ornament to take home. Don't forget to check out Jen's blog to find out who won her cool Color Me Mine Outlet Ball.

Steph, Dana and I (sorry Dana figured the frontal pic was more appropriate for the blog)


As I mentioned earlier, I'm stepping down from my leadership role in the Outlet. The rest of the team surprised me with a really cool and personal platter. I love being a part of the Outlet and have loved serving with past and present Outlet leadership team members. I wouldn't be where I am today without God and this church family that he has blessed me with. Here's a shot of the current Outlet Leadership Team, minus Diane as she was at the High School Christmas Party. Check out the cool platter - it says "Thanks for plugging us in - Love The Outlet"

It was pretty exciting that John Mo (right) was at the party on his last night as a bachelor. Dan (left) was in town for the wedding.

Angela, Nickki and Allison looking super cute and dressy next to the revolving Christmas tree (sorry can't tell that from the pic).


We got a bit picture happy at one point and Adam thought up this "let's look fierce" picture.
Billy can't believe that the ornament that Steph picked was beautiful but weighed 10 lbs.

Let's Get This Party Started - Jen rallied the group, moved the dining room table and created a dance floor at Club Blankenship.

The Outlet doing the Electric Slide.

Billy "bringing sexy back" with Hollie and Nickki as backup.




The third and final celebration of the weekend was on Sunday evening at John and Lauren's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and reception in Yorba Linda.


Some of the guys decorated John's car by blowing up 120 balloons and fun sayings all over the BMW.


Jen was joking around and dancing against these windows at the reception and this picture was snapped and it looked pretty cool. She was cracking me up.

Newlyweds Lacey & Jonathan - included just cuz I thought it was a great picture of them.

No comments: