Thursday, December 20, 2007

6 inches gone

Hmmmm what could she be referring to....Did she chop off all of her hair? Lose a bit around the waist? Shrink?

Nah I just went to my hairdresser, Lori, and she cut 6 inches off the front and now I have bangs.

Why did I do it?

Well, I've heard that bangs are the rage right now so I guess I'm trying to be trendy (gotta look good when I'm going to work...). Also heard that it makes you look younger but since I still always get carded (and I don't believe in my case its because "we always card everyone that looks younger than 30") I'm not sure that's a good reason. Actually, here's how it happened.

Wednesday afternoon walked in to the Manhattan Transfer Salon where Lori works and as she always does, she asks, "what are we doing today?" to which I always respond, "oh highlights and whatever you want to do". Then we're sitting there catching up (I've been going to her for 8 years so we're pretty good friends) and randomly I ask, "what do you think I would look like with bangs". Seriously, I didn't walk in there thinking I wanted bangs (I really am the most unprepared customer when it comes to haircuts) or even that bangs were the rage or that they looked good on someone else. I guess when you're sitting in front of that mirror, random thoughts just pop out. So anyways, she says, "bangs would look cute, let's do it". She then takes the back of my hair and puts it over the front so I can kind of see what it looks like, but it really just looks like I have a tupee on so that doesn't give me a great sense but as I said before, I'm pretty easy going about my hair so I said, "sure".

And she chopped...




My hair does still have some curl in it but its straight in the above pic since she combed through it alot when she was trimming it. I do think I might be shrinking too - I feel very short in the pic.





No comments: