Monday, October 6, 2008

Girl Time

Spent the weekend in Solvang with my Tuesday night small group (minus Nickki and Stephanie). A little celebration weekend after we finished our first study on Song of Solomon and before we embark on our new book Strong Women Soft Hearts.


The weekend kicked off with a slight drizzle on the way up there but by the time we got there it cleared up and was a beautiful weekend.


God definitely had his hand in this trip as we only locked down on the lodging a few days before we were leaving because EVERY other place had a two night minimum and this was originally the place I found a few weeks before but they weren't originally willing to relent on the two night minimum. Definitely recommend this cute B&B - Solvang Garden Lodge. Its two blocks (definitely walking distance) from all the shops and restaurants.


Goofin' around after we checked in - well maybe me screwing up the shot by goofing around.


After we checked in, we headed out for a picnic lunch at the Kalyra Winery. What a great way to spend a Saturday.


So the shot above is from two years ago when I visited the Kalyra Winery for a bachelorette party and there was this dog that roamed the winery and kept begging for food.
and...
we meet again...


Next stop was my favorite winery, Sunstone Winery. Its beautiful and a great backdrop for pictures. I got to test out the sepia function on my camera. They have (or had) an amazing Reserve Chardonnay - which apparently they don't have anymore and this great bread dipping sauce made with grapeseed oil.

This is my favorite shot of the group from the weekend.



After the wineries, we headed back to Solvang to walk around a bit. Taylor raved about these prezels that she used to get when she came to Solvang when she was young so we definitely had to sample. It was one of the best soft prezels I've ever had. Checked out a few other shops, searched for some Dybdahls (Allison informed us on the way there that this was the land of her "peeps").

AJ Spurs for dinner - made friends with a bison and then feasted on a great steak, ribs and shrimp dinner. Good thing Taylor and I shared although it was big enough for 3 to share.

So my goal is to be more "actiony" in pictures and take more action/playful shots so had to throw this one in. Sorry Allison...

Can't have a trip to Solvang without sampling the Aebelskivers (any idea why William Sonoma leaves the A off? only wondering because I got an email advertisement for the pan and mix yesterday - kind of random huh since I just went to Solvang)


Great weekend away with these girls.

2 comments:

boo and stacy said...

The pic of y'all sitting on the wall in sepia is soo sweet! I love it! Looks like a great night away. gotta love nights like that! Never heard of Solvang, where is it? and on of those ladies leads the Wed morning bible study in worship! she seems like a neat lady and reminds me of Lindsay keough.

glad you got a night away!!

Megan Lockridge said...

Hey Shannon! Looks like you all had a great time in Solbang. Dave and I love that Sunstone winery too!!! You may have even been the one to tell us all about it :) Oh and that W&S pan and mix is awesome because I use it! My grandma used to make them for us when I was a kid and I think the W&S one is just as good (just don't tell me Grandma!!!)