Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dan

Dan, Sam and Sarah's dad, came into town (he's from London) a few weeks ago when Brigitte really began to decline and will be here until next week.
It was his 46th birthday on June 29th so we took him to Agra Indian Kitchen in Venice http://www.agraindiankitchen.com/. It was a new restaurant for me, and you know my love for trying new restaurants. Food was pretty good although not as good as indian food in London (which I've heard rivals indian food in India). I had the lamb vindaloo which was recommended in the Chowhound review.
Earlier in day Sarah went over to Jen's to make Dan a cake (check out Jen's blog for a pic of her decorating the cake). I was pretty impressed with Sarah's cake decorating ability. She definitely inherited Brigitte and Dan's amazing artistic ability.


Most of you have met Dan either the first time he was here in early May or his current visit and he always wears a suit. I've been determined to get him into some boardshorts and flip flops. Sam was able to get him to wear a tshirt and shorts when he got here in June because it was a heat wave and way to hot even for Dan to wear a suit.

I finally found some eco/animal friendly flip flops (Dan is a vegetarian and tries to only wear animal friendly clothes and shoes) and finally found some so I got them for his birthday.

Now he can take Yogi for walks (he loves to take him for lots of walks every day) and slip on the flip flops instead of taking 5 minutes to lace up his shoes.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Londoners dress very smart, Shan- I'm surprised you got him into flip flops!

Actaully, considering it's you- I'm not so surprised :)

Let's catch up this week, k??
S