Monday, March 17, 2008

You've Gotta Know When To Hold 'Em, Know When To Fold 'Em

Allison and Nickki kicked off our Ladies Poker Nights by hosting our first poker night this past Friday at their place.



Being ladies, of course, it's all about the outfit so we headed to Walgreens to grab our $4.99 Texas Hold 'Em Poker t-shirts.

Brandon was gracious enough or perhaps because as he said, "I've got a Fat Tire in the frig" (not sure my female readers are going to get that) to explain (and re-explain) the rules and strategy of the game to us for several hours.


I'm definitely going to have to improve my poker face, apparently I'm a bit too expressive. I was the first one out. I had a few hands that I folded after the "flop" that would have turned out to be winning hands if I had waited for the "river". Finally I got a straight and went all in only to have Angela beat me with a stronger straight. So this really isn't my poker face, I was just entertaining Allison when she came out after me.

2 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

looks like a fun night!!!! I probably need to work on my poker face as well!

stacy arnold said...

THAT looks like sooo much fun!