Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

Did you wear green on Monday?

I was pretty surprised at how many people really celebrate St. Patrick's Day and conscientiously wear green. There were alot of guys at the gym wearing green shorts and some interesting hats worn by the Ralph's employees. Also saw some guy wearing a bright green soccer shirt tucked into his khakis. I'm sure there were more "green" sightings but those were the only places I went today and when you work from home there aren't any co-workers to comment on.

Anyways my mom raised me to be big on traditions. One of those was eating corned beef and cabbage for dinner every St. Patrick's Day. So I got out my crock pot this morning and started slow cooking the corned beef. Pretty cool that its called Shannon corned beef, huh?


8 hours later I had tender corned beef with a bit of cabbage and of course my asian staple, rice. I know its a bit odd (others in the past who have shared corned beef with me have asked where are the potatoes) but my mom always served it with rice. Looking forward to some corned beef sandwiches this week.

4 comments:

Mom said...

HI Shan,
Glad to see that you're continuing the St. Patty's traditional dinner, especially since you're "part Irish"! Have a Happy Easter--sorry we won't be in El Segundo to hide eggs for you and Yogi.
Love Mom

Nicole Svendsen said...

my mom always use to make corned beef for st. p's day...nice work. i have not tried to make it just yet.

stacy arnold said...

wow, i have never had corned beef.

Nicole Svendsen said...

time to update friend!!