Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Open The Bottle Night

Open The Bottle Night was created in the late 1990s by John Brecher and Dorothy Gaiter, who wrote a wine column for the Wall Street Journal. They had noted that many people would buy special bottles of wine, store them in their homes or wine cellars and never opened them because they were deemed "too special" for almost any occasion. Dottie and John thought that once a year people should get together with their friends and "open that bottle".

Matt & Becky opened up their home for their 3rd Annual Open The Bottle Night. I've been out of town for the past 2 so I was pretty excited to go this year.

Three years ago, I think I actually had a great story to go with my bottle of wine, but I'm sure I drank it between then and now so I brought a Rosenblum 2006 Petite Sirah that my Auntie Jann introduced me to this past Thanksgiving and a Sunstone Syrah dessert wine. There were wines that traveled from as far as Italy to as close as local establishments in the Gundo. Each had their own story, some with a few embellishments.

1 comment:

Erik said...

great pictures shannon and a fun night:)