Friday, August 14, 2009

Cruisin'

One of my favorite things to do is ride my purple beach cruiser. Luckily I have lots of friends who also love to do this so this summer has been filled alot of bike rides. A few of us got bike lights so there have been some late night rides too. There have been a ton (essentially anything happening in the Venice or South Bay area is attached to a bike ride) but just a few pictures from some.

Back on Sat, June 27th Taylor organized a late afternoon bike ride to South RB. We checked out the street fair and then grabbed dinner at Creme de la Crepe.











Day before 4th of July I did two really long rides. First one was in the morning - destination the Omelette Parlour in Santa Monica (meals stops are always fun cuz you know you're going to at least work some of it off on the ride home).


Got home, rested for an hour and then headed out on an afternoon ride with my bible study girls to Venice. Of course stopping at Baja Cantina for some margaritas and happy hour food specials.
So in addition to loving riding my bike, I love to (despite how dangerous it possibly is) to take pictures while I'm riding. Most of the time I've mastered the art of taking pics while I'm riding. Its kind of like a selfy shot but really can't have me in it to get everyone else when we're riding. I'm going to coin it Riding While Taking Pictures (RWTP). Unfortunately none of my friends do it so I'm really never in the pics.


Lauren's sister, Tracy, was in town for 6 weeks and joined us on the ride.


How can you not love beach rides with views like this???



This year for the first time I attended the Hermosa Beach Concerts on the Beach. They are only 3 Sundays in July with some relatively popular bands. Here's some shots of the first one.
Jen and Travis


And the second one when Rebelution (reggae) was playing. It was PACKED!!!! Definitely different atmosphere than Manhattan's Concert in the Park. Lots of red cups and interesting smells...



Allison's family came down to visit and she arranged a bike ride on a Wednesday early evening to ride to El Torito in Marina del Rey. We met up with her mom, dad and Noah, her adorable 2 year old nephew. Not bad for another "RWTP" shot.


Beautiful sunset on the ride there. RWTP shot

1 comment:

Susie said...

You sure know how to make landlocked girl crave the ocean!! I love that we both have purple beach cruisers. How did that happen??
>>RWTP<< do you think it will catch on?? Silly girl.