Sunday, June 22, 2008

You've Got the Right Stuff...

105 days and counting...

Until the New Kids on the Block, or NKOTB, as they are now called are coming to the Staples Center. AND YES I have tickets and I'm going to see my favorite boy band!!!

When I was sixteen (or maybe seventeen) my mom stood in line at Tower Records for hours waiting to get New Kids on the Block tickets for me and my friends. Yep way before Ticketmaster went online. As a teen, I went to two concerts. One of those times, my friends and I actually tried to follow the tour bus but lost track of it on the streets of Oakland (not the safest thing to do but what do you know at 16). My walls were filled with pictures torn out of Tiger Beat, 16, Superteen of the New Kids on the Block and specifically Jonathan (the shy one who had trouble dancing and never sang any solos). I had a pillow case of Jonathan and those big buttons which my mom is in search of for me to wear to the new NKOTB concert in 105 days...



3 comments:

Nicole Svendsen said...

i used to just love jordan--i actually thought i might marry him...

Susie said...

my heartthrob was Joey- all of my friends were gaga over them!

fijiangirl said...

I competely forgot about your love affair with them. I know you will have fun at the concert!