Friday, August 31, 2007

SSS go to DSS in SD

Sam, Steph and Shannon (or Supercool, Silly and Sticky as Sam (my neighbor) named us - 15 year old guys...) go to Dead Sea Scrolls (we had stamps on our hand that said DSS) in San Diego - in case you were wondering what the title meant...

So... we took a day trip to San Diego. Stopped at the Rainbows Sandal Outlet in San Clemente so Steph could pick up some some Rainbows (grey and yellow) and then onto San Diego to check out the Dead Sea Scrolls at the San Diego Natural History Museum. http://www.sdnhm.org/scrolls/index.html

The exhibit was really cool both for me as a Christian and from historical perspective. As a Christian, it was cool to see God's word on these scrolls that has survived thousands of years. I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures because it would damage the artifacts so here are some pics of the day from the parts of the museum where we could take pictures.


Thanks to Steph and Sam (although you will see just how much he enjoyed posing for pics) for letting me take pictures of them.









First pic where I wanted Sam to pose. Can you tell he's really into it...


Steph and Sam with a cute little baby elephant.


This pic is pretty cool because it was actually dark, and I couldn't tell where Steph was in the shot, but look you can see her.



Steph's falling into the animal's path. I have no clue what animal that is.

Cool shot of the sunset that Sam took on the way back.


In case you're wondering why Sam named me Sticky, its because all summer I've been saying, "I feel sticky" on the days that its been hot (yes I'm the girl that grew up in Stockton where it was 104 in the summer and I know 78 degrees isn't hot to the rest of Los Angeles or the world...) or when I get back from the beach, and I feel like I'm constantly washing my face to get rid of the sticky feeling. Its a good thing I don't live in a year round humid climate.

1 comment:

Nicole Svendsen said...

i TOTALLY understand sticky after the beach Shannon--I get "sticky" too!