Thursday, February 21, 2008

SHANNONCUTS

So I've never been to Cosmetology school, but the first month of college late one night this guy Mike let Natalie and I cut his mullet (no I'm not that old but for some reason he had a mullet in 1996). Unfortunately I can't find any pics of my first try at giving a haircut, but I did go on for the rest of my freshman and sophomore college years to cut all of my guy friends' hair. I learned how to cut hair with scissors and clippers, fades, and use thinning shears. It was pretty lucrative business at $5 a haircut, and they had to clean up. I probably did about 15-20 haircuts a month.

It's been about 10 years since I had done any haircuts (other than one haircut for Dave a few years back when he couldn't get into his hair stylist), but I excitedly busted out my clippers when Sam decided he wanted to shave off his hair.


Here's a shot of some of the hair gone, and it looking like he was a member of the Flock of Seagulls. I told him all the high school girls would love his hair like that.
Here's the finished cut. Pretty simple. I know I look like I'm midget in this pic but seriously I'm standing up and over 5 feet tall.

1 comment:

stacy arnold said...

I'm so impressed with your little haircut business in college!!! so smart to make them clean up....college guys sound dirty.

you should learn girls haircuts....now you can make some SERIOUS money that way!!!